- ULSTON, a village, in the parish and district of Jedburgh, county of Roxburgh, 1½ mile (N. E. by E.) from the town of Jedburgh; containing 97 inhabitants. This village lies in the northern part of the parish, eastward of the river Jed, and a short distance from the old Roman road, which here intersects the parish.
A Topographical dictionary of Scotland. Samuel Lewis. 1856.
Look at other dictionaries:
Jedburgh — JEDBURGH, a burgh, market town, and parish, in the district of Jedburgh, county of Roxburgh, of which it is the capital, 11 miles (S. W. by S.) from Kelso, and 49 (S. E. by S.) from Edinburgh; containing, with the villages of Bongate,… … A Topographical dictionary of Scotland